Saturday, May 25, 2013

I'm still alive

It's been a long while since my last post... too long. I'm still lovin' Macs and I'm still developing casual games for iOS. I had been prototyping several ideas in Unity. And finally I found a puzzle game that stuck which I will be releasing in a month or so. My next game was inspired from Dungeon Raid and Bejeweled Blitz. But I didn't like the RPG elements of Dungeon Raid and its slow feel. I wanted to make my game feel fast like in Bejeweled Blitz, but I didn't like how Bejeweled lets the player wait for explosions to finish. It just blocks the player to wait and that's frustrating. Also I don't like the blatant element of luck in Bejeweled.

After a weekend prototype (a couple of years ago), I gave the prototype to my wife and friends and they got really addicted to it. So I decided that I should really polish it up. Fast-forward a couple of years (where I switched jobs from lecturing to a game development job, plus being a father of gorgeous twins (girls)), I'm now back on polishing the game up and preparing the game for release.

Can't wait to release it to the public...

No comments: