Monday, June 01, 2009

Started a shoot'em up prototype

Last week I decided that the puzzle prototype I was doing was boring to play so I stopped that and started on a shoot'em up prototype. It will be a 2.5D game, but currently the view is just 2D. I will see how I can change the view soon so enemies appear to fly in, in 3d.

I've got some interested gameplay ideas to take advantage of the touch interface. The major problem I'm seeing for the development of this game is content. A shoot'em up needs to look nice. For now I'm using squares, spheres and some ugly graphics. This simply won't cut it. When the gameplay feels right, I will need someone to help me with the graphics.

Well, at least the quick starfield I've done looks semi-decent :). It's simply three layers of stars, each layer moving slower and the stars simply wrap-around the screen.

No comments: